Borne out of our deep love of seafood, Amacore Seafood is passionate about supporting sustainable fisheries. That is why Amacore sources from sustainably certified fisheries and is an active participant in a number of projects that aim to secure healthy fish stocks for our future generations. Amacore:
- offers MSC, ASC, Global G.A.P and Naturland certified products.
- is partnered with Sustainable Fisheries Partnership, see www.sustainablefish.org, and together we lead the Indonesia Fishery Improvement Project (FIP). This FIP works towards improving longline tuna fishery of Yellowfin, Bigeye and oilfish in Indonesia. See http://www.sustainablefish.org/fisheries-improvement/tuna/indonesia-yellowfin-tuna and http://fisheriesimprovementindonesia.org/
- has signed, along with WWF, a Western Central Pacific Tuna Conservation pledge to support the conservation and sustainable management of tuna in South East Asia and the Western Central Pacific
- is MSC certified
- is ASC certified
- has a Quality and Sustainability manager
Amacore Seafood is passionate about social responsibility. We believe that creating good circumstances and opportunities for our environment will benefit our fish. We:
- have developed our individual CSR-policy report according to ISO26000 standards along with MVO (Maatschappelijk Verantwoord Ondernemen / Corporate Social responsibility), please see: http://www.mvonederland.nl/
- participate in FIP projects; Fisheries Improvement Programs. In such a program we work together with the sustainable fisheries partership (SFP) towards responsibly harvested fish. This project is the pre-fase of MSC certification, which is the ultimate goal for the products from this project. Recognize this sustainable fish by the following logo:
- generate fair working opportunities in Third World countries
- work together with the government/CBI to stimulate fish export from Third World countries
- support an orphanage in Sri Lanka for children between the ages of 8 and 18 to help to secure them a better future
- offer a good working atmosphere in our company.
- work according to the Code of Conduct
- have invested in a sustainable fleet of cars for our employees, such as hybrid and eco-friendly cars
- have placed solar panels on the roof of our building – now let the sun shine!
Solar panels on the Amacore office roof